The velcro hearse couple that does anything to never be normal, refuses to grow up, and loves our friends and family with complete loyalty. That is, ONLY our TRUE friends and family...

Saturday, October 1, 2016

#16 Moving in

Moving in with Martin has been a whole experience in itself. We have found that as paid workers, we can get a lot done, but at home... we can barely pull out of each others arms long enough to get much done at all. So after 2 months of living together, we have found that we have to really push ourselves hard to get out and around. Give us time, we are getting better at it.

We right away found ourselves with little to no money. Our outlook on this has been so different.  Martin is used to having money, never having to worry about not being able to pay a bill or food. Living under $4000 a month was unthinkable to him, and here we are with barely $1000. He is quite humble for a guy that has never had to worry about money a day in his life, but he didn't quite know how to live on such a little amount.
Where as for me... I have lived on nothing all my life. Struggled to take care of children.. and men who either wouldn't work or if they did, had no real interest in helping out. Knowing that I was about to be homeless yet again if Martin hadn't of saved me and KM from that fait.... for me.. living in a home, though it needed lots of repair, that didn't need rent paid... in a city that worked with its residents,  where I knew we would be okay.... man, I felt like I won the lottery.

I told him I would show him how to get by just fine on basicly nothing. This was my life and I knew it well. He provided the home and the jack of all trades, I provided the know how on servival. We are doing just fine.

Its funny how we became almost the same person traveling on complete different paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment